I once saw a woman call her instant pot a Magic Cauldron. I laughed, but boy was she right. I was lucky enough to get the 6 quart instant pot duo on Amazon prime day for just over $50. Any of the instant pots will work just fine and none of the fancier ones are necessary, in my opinion. This is a great meal for quick nights and leftover make great lunch the next day. This recipe is for 4 chicken breasts.
- 4 chicken breasts
- approximately 1/2 cup of flour (I used gluten-free flour, but any type works)
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- white wine to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Olive oil
- beat the eggs in one bowl and set aside flour, salt, pepper, and 1tsp garlic powder in another bowl.
- dip the chicken breasts in the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture.
- heat a medium fry pan over medium-high heat with olive oil or another cooking oil in the bottom of pan
- place 1-2 chicken breasts at a time in the pan as to not overcrowd it. This is only to brown the flour on the chicken, not to cook. 1-2 minutes each side should do the trick!
- Assemble your instant pot and place the chicken stock, white wine, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon juice in the bottom. I like to also add other seasonings like basil and parsley, but it is completely up to you. Get creative!
- put the trivet in the instant put and place the chicken breasts on top. They should be above the liquid, not touching it. Here is where I like to splash a little bit of lemon juice on top of each chicken breast.
- Seal the instant pot and set it to pressure cook for 9 minutes, if your instant pot has different pressure settings I usually cook on high for 7-9 minutes depending on breast size and thickness. Allow for natural release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts and stir in a cornstarch slurry. To make the slurry mix 1 tbsp cornstarch with 1-2 tbsp of cold water. Slowly mix in to avoid clumps. This step is optional for those that want a thicker sauce. Increase cornstarch amount for an even thicker sauce
- Enjoy over top rice, noodles, steamed vegetables, or whatever you like! I ate this dish with brown rice also made in the instant pot. Use the link below for the perfect instant pot brown rice.
Instant pot brown rice: https://cabernetandcontracts.wordpress.com/2018/08/18/instant-pot-brown-rice/