The first time I made this meal for my family they were SHOOK over how good it was. This reminds me of a food I used to get at my favorite restaurant when I was little, but without the bad oils, high salt content, and bonus MSG. Best of all it is a fast and easy instant pot dinner that can be done with frozen chicken breasts. In this recipe I use chicken breasts, you can certainly swap it out for chicken thighs, but I prefer a lighter meat.
This recipe is for 2 servings, but can easily be doubled.
- 2 chicken breasts (frozen or fresh)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil (I’ve subbed olive oil and it works just as well)
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar (I’ve subbed white vinegar and it works just as well)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger – if using fresh ginger use a tablespoon
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes to taste
* after cooking: to make sauce thicker use cornstarch
- put all your ingredients in the instant pot, stir well before adding chicken
- seal and set to high pressure for 8-10 minutes depending on if chicken is frozen and how firm you want chicken – I prefer my chicken to shred rather than be cut into pieces so I keep it in longer – allow 10 minute natural pressure release
- Make cornstarch slurry using equal parts cornstarch to cold water (the more cornstarch, the thicker the sauce). I usually use 1.5 tbsp cornstarch and 1.5 tbsp water. Mix them together with a fork and slowly add to sauce while stirring to insure no clumps form
- Enjoy over rice, vegetables, or even by itself!
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Here is my fool proof brown rice recipe for the instant pot: Instant Pot Brown Rice