Oh my deliciousness. I never believed in mug cakes. Can anything really compare to a cake made in the oven and frosted to perfection?? Apparently, this can. After playing around I think I perfected the recipe, but I’ll let you be the judge of that. I used coconut sugar and olive oil to make this recipe refined sugar-free and healthier. In addition, I used almond milk and gluten-free flour for my GF/DF gals, and it worked perfectly!
3 tbsp all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar (regular sugar is fine too)
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp olive oil
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp of almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
optional toppings: blueberries, strawberries, nuts, etc
- whisk the wet ingredients together in the mug
- add the dry ingredients and stir until combined
- stir in chocolate chips and any other toppings (I used blueberries and it was amazing)
- put in the microwave for 1 minute 25 seconds, if needed increase in 5-10 second increments, but I found 1 minute 25 seconds to be perfect!
- Enjoy with icing, ice cream, or by itself!!