This recipe for 2 servings, it doubles very well! I made this for dinner and ate the leftovers for lunch and it was great even the day after. This recipe is pretty foolproof and you end up with a creamy, flavorful pasta dish that is sure to impress. The best part is it is dairy-free and gluten-free! Let me know what you think in the comments below 🙂 My version happens to be vegetarian as a part of my #meatlessmonday challenge, but you can definitely add chicken or shrimp and it would be delicious!!
- 2 servings gluten-free pasta (I used Barilla spaghetti)
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp parmesan or imitation cheese (I use dairy-free parmesan from Whole Foods)
- 1 bag of frozen California blend vegetables
- 1/2 tbsp dairy free butter
- 3 tbsp pesto (check out my recipe for homemade pesto)
- cook pasta according to box instructions
- microwave or boil vegetables
- mix egg yolk, almond milk, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese together in a bowl
- once pasta is cooked, add a forkful of pasta to the egg, milk, and cheese mixture stirring it continuously
- continue to add half the pasta to ensure the egg does not scramble
- add the pasta/egg mixture back into the pot stirring constantly
- add the pesto and vegetables to the mix. stir and cook for 3-5 minutes
- top with some more cheese because why not and ENJOY!
recipe for homemade pesto: coming soon!