It’s that time of year again folks. The air is starting to get cooler and I am craving soup!!! I roasted some butternut squash the other day, but couldn’t finish it. Instead of letting it go to waste, I decided to pop it in the instant pot for some butternut squash soup! This recipe is dairy free and gluten free and all around delicious!
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken/vegetable stock or broth
- 1/2 to 1 cup carrots cut in smaller chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of chili powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- cracked pepper to taste
- if you need to make roasted butternut squash: simply peel and cube a squash, toss with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook in the oven or toaster oven at 400 degrees until golden, or around 40 minutes. I usually hit them with the broiler at the end for a nice outside!
- add the oil and onions to instant pot on saute
- add garlic and carrots, saute until the onions begin to go translucent
- add roasted butternut squash, chicken/vegetable stock, cinnamon, chili powder, and maple syrup to instant pot
- close and seal. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes
- all natural pressure release for 7 minutes. Open and use an immersion blender, (or throw it in a normal blender like I do) then add the almond milk
- ENJOY! This soup is perfect for fall days and is sure to please!