I am not kidding. This is the only chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever need. I even perfected a gluten-free option that tastes the same as the real deal. All you need is King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (the one that says baking mix works the same) I tried every gluten-free flour I could find and let me tell you this is the best for every type of baking. If you’re interested in my reviews of popular gluten-free flour brands leave a comment below and I will make a post! You can also make this recipe dairy-free by substituting the butter for Smart-Balance (my favorite is the flax oil one) and dairy free chocolate chips. Since I am just one person I usually make a batch, rolls cookie dough balls and freeze them in a Ziploc and just bake 1-2 at a time. They freeze perfectly, just let them thaw a little before sticking them in the oven and make sure to squash the dough ball down before baking!
- 2 cups of flour (gluten free use King Arthur and nothing else)
- 1 stick of butter melted (1/2 cup)
- 1 and 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use the holy trinity of semi-sweet morsels, chocolate chunks, dark chocolate chips)
- set the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together butter and sugar incorporating air into it with a whisk. Whisk in eggs and vanilla
- mix in salt, flour, baking soda until incorporated
- add in chocolate chips
- roll dough into 1/2 inch balls. IMPORTANT: squish the dough balls down into cookie shapes so they cook correctly otherwise you will end up with small, tall cookies.
- Bake for eight and a half to ten minutes or until the edges brown slightly
- Cool and enjoy!